School’s sponsored read to raise cash for new books
- Credit: Archant
Reading has taken over the timetable at a Clevedon school as pupils dip into their favourite reads to raise money for new resources.
Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, is holding a sponsored read to raise money for new books.
The event is being led by Usborne bookseller Donna Kemp as part of the publisher’s Ready, Steady, Read campaign.
Staff are hoping to raise £600, which would enable Usborne to donate free books to the school worth 60 per cent of the sponsorship money.
The school is keen to invest in a wide range of new books to inspire pupils and help children of all ages to develop reading skills.
You may also want to watch:
Children will be able to visit the library or take their favourite stories in to take part in the event.
The money will be counted up on February 9. To make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/maryeltonbookpledge
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 8 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected