School’s sponsored read to raise cash for new books
- Credit: Archant
Reading has taken over the timetable at a Clevedon school as pupils dip into their favourite reads to raise money for new resources.
Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, is holding a sponsored read to raise money for new books.
The event is being led by Usborne bookseller Donna Kemp as part of the publisher’s Ready, Steady, Read campaign.
Staff are hoping to raise £600, which would enable Usborne to donate free books to the school worth 60 per cent of the sponsorship money.
The school is keen to invest in a wide range of new books to inspire pupils and help children of all ages to develop reading skills.
You may also want to watch:
Children will be able to visit the library or take their favourite stories in to take part in the event.
The money will be counted up on February 9. To make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/maryeltonbookpledge
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery