School’s sponsored read to raise cash for new books
- Credit: Archant
Reading has taken over the timetable at a Clevedon school as pupils dip into their favourite reads to raise money for new resources.
Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, is holding a sponsored read to raise money for new books.
The event is being led by Usborne bookseller Donna Kemp as part of the publisher’s Ready, Steady, Read campaign.
Staff are hoping to raise £600, which would enable Usborne to donate free books to the school worth 60 per cent of the sponsorship money.
The school is keen to invest in a wide range of new books to inspire pupils and help children of all ages to develop reading skills.
You may also want to watch:
Children will be able to visit the library or take their favourite stories in to take part in the event.
The money will be counted up on February 9. To make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/maryeltonbookpledge
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend