School’s sponsored read to raise cash for new books
- Credit: Archant
Reading has taken over the timetable at a Clevedon school as pupils dip into their favourite reads to raise money for new resources.
Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, is holding a sponsored read to raise money for new books.
The event is being led by Usborne bookseller Donna Kemp as part of the publisher’s Ready, Steady, Read campaign.
Staff are hoping to raise £600, which would enable Usborne to donate free books to the school worth 60 per cent of the sponsorship money.
The school is keen to invest in a wide range of new books to inspire pupils and help children of all ages to develop reading skills.
You may also want to watch:
Children will be able to visit the library or take their favourite stories in to take part in the event.
The money will be counted up on February 9. To make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/maryeltonbookpledge
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Portishead garden protected from development
- 8 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season