School’s sponsored read to raise cash for new books
- Credit: Archant
Reading has taken over the timetable at a Clevedon school as pupils dip into their favourite reads to raise money for new resources.
Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, is holding a sponsored read to raise money for new books.
The event is being led by Usborne bookseller Donna Kemp as part of the publisher’s Ready, Steady, Read campaign.
Staff are hoping to raise £600, which would enable Usborne to donate free books to the school worth 60 per cent of the sponsorship money.
The school is keen to invest in a wide range of new books to inspire pupils and help children of all ages to develop reading skills.
Children will be able to visit the library or take their favourite stories in to take part in the event.
The money will be counted up on February 9. To make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/maryeltonbookpledge
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead