Clevedon children celebrate fantastic achievements
- Credit: Sub
Clevedon children celebrated their fantastic mathematical achievements.
Pupils from Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, thrived in a maths challenge.
Teacher Mike Flory put on an afternoon of music, games and balloons for the youngsters who have worked hard in the challenges by completing extra work at home.
The afternoon also boosted their knowledge of vital life skills.
Year four student Leon was the overall winner of the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Leon completed 34 hours of maths over the holidays, equating to more than a whole school week.
Mr Flory said: “The students who undertook the challenge are an inspiration.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
“They put in hours of work with their maths.”
Mary Elton is part of the expanding Clevedon Learning Trust which also includes Clevedon School, St Nicholas Chantry and Yeo Moor primary schools.