Magical maths in Tickenham
- Credit: Supplied
A magician has been helping children solve maths problems.
Richard Ballinger visited Tickenham Primary School to teach youngsters how numbers can be fun through art, fashion design and ratios using squash recipes.
Pupils also had the chance to win a pretend £5 note by solving challenges.
Tristan Merriam, co-headteacher, said: “It was a brilliant day.
“We want to stretch every single pupil to be their very best but also to make maths fun.
You may also want to watch:
“To have an entertaining magician to bring maths alive helped tremendously.
“The children were shown how maths links to everything that they do in real life situations and explored the subject in a fun, engaging and inspirational way.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon