Magical maths in Tickenham
- Credit: Supplied
A magician has been helping children solve maths problems.
Richard Ballinger visited Tickenham Primary School to teach youngsters how numbers can be fun through art, fashion design and ratios using squash recipes.
Pupils also had the chance to win a pretend £5 note by solving challenges.
Tristan Merriam, co-headteacher, said: “It was a brilliant day.
“We want to stretch every single pupil to be their very best but also to make maths fun.
You may also want to watch:
“To have an entertaining magician to bring maths alive helped tremendously.
“The children were shown how maths links to everything that they do in real life situations and explored the subject in a fun, engaging and inspirational way.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 9 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers