Magical maths in Tickenham
- Credit: Supplied
A magician has been helping children solve maths problems.
Richard Ballinger visited Tickenham Primary School to teach youngsters how numbers can be fun through art, fashion design and ratios using squash recipes.
Pupils also had the chance to win a pretend £5 note by solving challenges.
Tristan Merriam, co-headteacher, said: “It was a brilliant day.
“We want to stretch every single pupil to be their very best but also to make maths fun.
You may also want to watch:
“To have an entertaining magician to bring maths alive helped tremendously.
“The children were shown how maths links to everything that they do in real life situations and explored the subject in a fun, engaging and inspirational way.”
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp