Toddler group due to start-up in village
- Credit: Google Street View
A stay and play toddler group will start-up in a village next month.
Villagers hope it will be a 'great asset' in Long Ashton, as the community recently lost a similar facility at Birdwell School.
The news is likely to be welcomed by parents after Westleaze Toddler Group announced it was looking for people to take over its group in Long Ashton in June.
The new stay and play classes will begin at the village Church House, in Long Ashton Road, at the same venue Westleaze runs from.
Westleaze Toddler Group organiser Kate Bolton said: "This is going to be a great asset to the village since it recently lost a toddler group at Birdwell."
You may also want to watch:
The stay and play classes will start on September 11 and run every Wednesday morning thereafter, during school term time, from 10-11.30am.
The group will be managed by Long Ashton Community Centre and classes will cost £2 per family.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime