Toddler group due to start-up in village
- Credit: Google Street View
A stay and play toddler group will start-up in a village next month.
Villagers hope it will be a 'great asset' in Long Ashton, as the community recently lost a similar facility at Birdwell School.
The news is likely to be welcomed by parents after Westleaze Toddler Group announced it was looking for people to take over its group in Long Ashton in June.
The new stay and play classes will begin at the village Church House, in Long Ashton Road, at the same venue Westleaze runs from.
Westleaze Toddler Group organiser Kate Bolton said: "This is going to be a great asset to the village since it recently lost a toddler group at Birdwell."
The stay and play classes will start on September 11 and run every Wednesday morning thereafter, during school term time, from 10-11.30am.
The group will be managed by Long Ashton Community Centre and classes will cost £2 per family.
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 8 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Protest to take place against 'dangerous' policing bill