Business and leadership conference for students
- Credit: Archant
Students from across North Somerset attended an innovation conference, with hopes of sparking the minds of budding entrepreneurs.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership, which includes Gordano and Backwell schools, held a conference at the University of the West of England (UWE) Business School in Bristol on Friday.
An abundance of experts were on hand to offer the sixth form students advice as they head towards higher education and the world of work.
More than 200 students attended the conference, which promoted innovation, leadership, teamwork and entrepreneurship.
Among the people the youngsters could speak to was UWE’s director of Bristol business engagement centre Dr Noordin Shehabuddeen.
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Bears rugby star Nick Fenton-Wells was also at the conference and he delivered a speech on leadership.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 5 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 6 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name