Business and leadership conference for students
- Credit: Archant
Students from across North Somerset attended an innovation conference, with hopes of sparking the minds of budding entrepreneurs.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership, which includes Gordano and Backwell schools, held a conference at the University of the West of England (UWE) Business School in Bristol on Friday.
An abundance of experts were on hand to offer the sixth form students advice as they head towards higher education and the world of work.
More than 200 students attended the conference, which promoted innovation, leadership, teamwork and entrepreneurship.
Among the people the youngsters could speak to was UWE’s director of Bristol business engagement centre Dr Noordin Shehabuddeen.
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Bears rugby star Nick Fenton-Wells was also at the conference and he delivered a speech on leadership.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 7 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments