Business and leadership conference for students
- Credit: Archant
Students from across North Somerset attended an innovation conference, with hopes of sparking the minds of budding entrepreneurs.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership, which includes Gordano and Backwell schools, held a conference at the University of the West of England (UWE) Business School in Bristol on Friday.
An abundance of experts were on hand to offer the sixth form students advice as they head towards higher education and the world of work.
More than 200 students attended the conference, which promoted innovation, leadership, teamwork and entrepreneurship.
Among the people the youngsters could speak to was UWE’s director of Bristol business engagement centre Dr Noordin Shehabuddeen.
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Bears rugby star Nick Fenton-Wells was also at the conference and he delivered a speech on leadership.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport