Business and leadership conference for students
- Credit: Archant
Students from across North Somerset attended an innovation conference, with hopes of sparking the minds of budding entrepreneurs.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership, which includes Gordano and Backwell schools, held a conference at the University of the West of England (UWE) Business School in Bristol on Friday.
An abundance of experts were on hand to offer the sixth form students advice as they head towards higher education and the world of work.
More than 200 students attended the conference, which promoted innovation, leadership, teamwork and entrepreneurship.
Among the people the youngsters could speak to was UWE’s director of Bristol business engagement centre Dr Noordin Shehabuddeen.
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Bears rugby star Nick Fenton-Wells was also at the conference and he delivered a speech on leadership.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022