Libraries to hold Roald Dahl events
- Credit: Archant
Children across North Somerset are being encouraged to celebrate the books of one of the world’s favourite storytellers this summer and join the Big Friendly Read.
Libraries across the country are dedicating this year’s Summer Reading Challenge to the life and works of Roald Dahl. North Somerset is also marking its local link with the author who went to school in Weston and wrote about this in his book Boy.
The Big Friendly Read runs in North Somerset libraries until September 10.
More than 4,300 children aged between four to 11 took part in last year’s reading challenge in North Somerset.
Libraries are also offering free and fun activities inspired by Roald Dahl’s books throughout the holiday to help children complete the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
For a full list of events, visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/libraryevents
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 8 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 9 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads