Libraries to hold Roald Dahl events
- Credit: Archant
Children across North Somerset are being encouraged to celebrate the books of one of the world’s favourite storytellers this summer and join the Big Friendly Read.
Libraries across the country are dedicating this year’s Summer Reading Challenge to the life and works of Roald Dahl. North Somerset is also marking its local link with the author who went to school in Weston and wrote about this in his book Boy.
The Big Friendly Read runs in North Somerset libraries until September 10.
More than 4,300 children aged between four to 11 took part in last year’s reading challenge in North Somerset.
Libraries are also offering free and fun activities inspired by Roald Dahl’s books throughout the holiday to help children complete the challenge.
For a full list of events, visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/libraryevents
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents