Libraries to hold Roald Dahl events
- Credit: Archant
Children across North Somerset are being encouraged to celebrate the books of one of the world’s favourite storytellers this summer and join the Big Friendly Read.
Libraries across the country are dedicating this year’s Summer Reading Challenge to the life and works of Roald Dahl. North Somerset is also marking its local link with the author who went to school in Weston and wrote about this in his book Boy.
The Big Friendly Read runs in North Somerset libraries until September 10.
More than 4,300 children aged between four to 11 took part in last year’s reading challenge in North Somerset.
Libraries are also offering free and fun activities inspired by Roald Dahl’s books throughout the holiday to help children complete the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
For a full list of events, visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/libraryevents
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call