Learning about the world around us
A THREE-DAY project at St Peter’s Primary School entitled The World Around Us, involved all pupils at the Hallett’s Way School in Portishead.
A variety of organisations visited the school to help students explore the biodiversity in local, national and international habitats.
The youngsters explored how technology can help enhance and protect the world and concluded the project with an exhibition they organised themselves, for parents, family and friends of the school.
Year three students explored a variety of areas of recycling and produced their own campaign to promote recycling at home and at school.
Reception children made snake draft excluders as they learnt about making homes more energy efficient with the help of the North Somerset Warm Families scheme.
You may also want to watch:
A range of science experiments had year four pupils looking at problem solving.
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser