Learning about the world around us
A THREE-DAY project at St Peter’s Primary School entitled The World Around Us, involved all pupils at the Hallett’s Way School in Portishead.
A variety of organisations visited the school to help students explore the biodiversity in local, national and international habitats.
The youngsters explored how technology can help enhance and protect the world and concluded the project with an exhibition they organised themselves, for parents, family and friends of the school.
Year three students explored a variety of areas of recycling and produced their own campaign to promote recycling at home and at school.
Reception children made snake draft excluders as they learnt about making homes more energy efficient with the help of the North Somerset Warm Families scheme.
You may also want to watch:
A range of science experiments had year four pupils looking at problem solving.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week