Learning about the world around us
A THREE-DAY project at St Peter’s Primary School entitled The World Around Us, involved all pupils at the Hallett’s Way School in Portishead.
A variety of organisations visited the school to help students explore the biodiversity in local, national and international habitats.
The youngsters explored how technology can help enhance and protect the world and concluded the project with an exhibition they organised themselves, for parents, family and friends of the school.
Year three students explored a variety of areas of recycling and produced their own campaign to promote recycling at home and at school.
Reception children made snake draft excluders as they learnt about making homes more energy efficient with the help of the North Somerset Warm Families scheme.
You may also want to watch:
A range of science experiments had year four pupils looking at problem solving.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 5 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 6 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 7 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up