Learning about the world around us
A THREE-DAY project at St Peter’s Primary School entitled The World Around Us, involved all pupils at the Hallett’s Way School in Portishead.
A variety of organisations visited the school to help students explore the biodiversity in local, national and international habitats.
The youngsters explored how technology can help enhance and protect the world and concluded the project with an exhibition they organised themselves, for parents, family and friends of the school.
Year three students explored a variety of areas of recycling and produced their own campaign to promote recycling at home and at school.
Reception children made snake draft excluders as they learnt about making homes more energy efficient with the help of the North Somerset Warm Families scheme.
You may also want to watch:
A range of science experiments had year four pupils looking at problem solving.
- 1 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 5 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 6 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 7 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 8 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 9 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 10 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave