Kevin McCloud opens school’s grand design
WELL-KNOWN TV presenter Kevin McCloud visited St Katherine’s School in Pill as part of the official launch of a new hospitality and catering facility.
Kevin, famed for presenting the Channel 4 programme Grand Designs, opened the restaurant, The Leaf at Ham Green, during the evening that was attended by more than 60 guests.
As well as the fine-dining restaurant that will open to the public later this year, the new �2.8million hospitality and catering building at the Ham Green school also includes training rooms, kitchens and a 300-seat dining area.
The funding for the project was secured through North Somerset Council two years ago and the scheme has been completed after three years of hard work and planning.
During the launch evening, students studying for a hospitality diploma prepared and served a four-course meal.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Stephanie Quayle said: “This is a dream come true. I am grateful to have been involved with so many committed professionals who worked closely with us in partnership during the construction, and I’m immensely proud of our students this evening, especially when one considers they are only 14 and 17 years old.”
Kevin McCloud said: “I can’t imagine a better way to spend an evening, not just in a beautifully designed building with stunning vistas across the countryside but also to be able to enjoy such a fantastic meal.”
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 5 Camera club wants new members to join
- 6 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town