Kevin McCloud opens school’s grand design
WELL-KNOWN TV presenter Kevin McCloud visited St Katherine’s School in Pill as part of the official launch of a new hospitality and catering facility.
Kevin, famed for presenting the Channel 4 programme Grand Designs, opened the restaurant, The Leaf at Ham Green, during the evening that was attended by more than 60 guests.
As well as the fine-dining restaurant that will open to the public later this year, the new �2.8million hospitality and catering building at the Ham Green school also includes training rooms, kitchens and a 300-seat dining area.
The funding for the project was secured through North Somerset Council two years ago and the scheme has been completed after three years of hard work and planning.
During the launch evening, students studying for a hospitality diploma prepared and served a four-course meal.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Stephanie Quayle said: “This is a dream come true. I am grateful to have been involved with so many committed professionals who worked closely with us in partnership during the construction, and I’m immensely proud of our students this evening, especially when one considers they are only 14 and 17 years old.”
Kevin McCloud said: “I can’t imagine a better way to spend an evening, not just in a beautifully designed building with stunning vistas across the countryside but also to be able to enjoy such a fantastic meal.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway