Junior school pupils host ‘stunning’ space exhibit
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Yatton Junior School demonstrated ‘enthusiasm and creativity’ to host an exhibition showcasing their knowledge of all things space-related.
Year five children at the school were inspired by a trip to @Bristol to create their own display, which included models of the solar system, rockets and space shuttles.
Deputy headteacher Jon Heywood said: “The children became experts on the solar system as they put on their own stunning space exhibition.
“Following a fascinating visit to @Bristol, the children were motivated to produce a whole range of exhibits of their own, including giant 3D models of the solar system, rockets and space shuttles.
“The children demonstrated great enthusiasm and creativity.
You may also want to watch:
“They shared their learning and answered questions about space from parents, grandparents, members of staff and other children who thoroughly enjoyed visiting the exhibition.”
Meanwhile, Yatton Infant School also wished to thank parents and pupils who donated money to Children’s Hospice South West and school parties after its Christmas plays.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon woman's life saved by local 'heroes' after fall
The school raised £349 for the Wraxall charity.