Junior school pupils host ‘stunning’ space exhibit
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Yatton Junior School demonstrated ‘enthusiasm and creativity’ to host an exhibition showcasing their knowledge of all things space-related.
Year five children at the school were inspired by a trip to @Bristol to create their own display, which included models of the solar system, rockets and space shuttles.
Deputy headteacher Jon Heywood said: “The children became experts on the solar system as they put on their own stunning space exhibition.
“Following a fascinating visit to @Bristol, the children were motivated to produce a whole range of exhibits of their own, including giant 3D models of the solar system, rockets and space shuttles.
“The children demonstrated great enthusiasm and creativity.
You may also want to watch:
“They shared their learning and answered questions about space from parents, grandparents, members of staff and other children who thoroughly enjoyed visiting the exhibition.”
Meanwhile, Yatton Infant School also wished to thank parents and pupils who donated money to Children’s Hospice South West and school parties after its Christmas plays.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
The school raised £349 for the Wraxall charity.