Junior school pupils host ‘stunning’ space exhibit
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Yatton Junior School demonstrated ‘enthusiasm and creativity’ to host an exhibition showcasing their knowledge of all things space-related.
Year five children at the school were inspired by a trip to @Bristol to create their own display, which included models of the solar system, rockets and space shuttles.
Deputy headteacher Jon Heywood said: “The children became experts on the solar system as they put on their own stunning space exhibition.
“Following a fascinating visit to @Bristol, the children were motivated to produce a whole range of exhibits of their own, including giant 3D models of the solar system, rockets and space shuttles.
“The children demonstrated great enthusiasm and creativity.
You may also want to watch:
“They shared their learning and answered questions about space from parents, grandparents, members of staff and other children who thoroughly enjoyed visiting the exhibition.”
Meanwhile, Yatton Infant School also wished to thank parents and pupils who donated money to Children’s Hospice South West and school parties after its Christmas plays.
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 8 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 9 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
The school raised £349 for the Wraxall charity.