Intriguing topics for study group
- Credit: Archant
CINEMA history, art appreciation, literature and archaeology are some of the topics which will be covered by Clevedon Adult Study Association this year.
The group was set up last year to put on interesting courses for adults who want to learn for fun and is going from strength to strength.
The first course for 2013 is The History of British Cinema 1945-1990, which began on Monday and will run weekly for six, two-hour sessions.
Taught by Maggie Choyce at The Curzon Community Cinema, anyone wishing to join the course can still do so.
This will be followed by Every Picture Tells a Story, an introduction to art appreciation which will feature five, weekly session of an hour-and-a-half, starting on January 29.
You may also want to watch:
Weekend courses have also been planned for Saturdays, including the first on February 2 which is for literature lovers and will cover fiction with links to the West Country, taught by tutor Lesley Dale.
The second is an Introduction to Impressionism, being held on March 2, followed by an Introduction to Archaeology to be held on March 16.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
All will be held in Clevedon.
For more details call Pat on 01275 875349 or Maggie on 877180 or email email@example.com