In pictures: Fame is a sell-out
ENERGETIC dance routines and foot stomping songs were performed for packed audiences during a Pill school’s latest sell-out production.
The popular musical Fame was put on at St Katherine’s School over three nights before the end of term, with a staggering 600 tickets sold.
More than 60 pupils were involved in the production, which was also put on for almost 200 children from primary schools in North Somerset and Bristol who enjoyed a matinee performance.
Preparations for the show began in September, with teachers and students working on the props and technical aspects in between rehearsals.
The school’s performing arts coordinator, Kelly Burgess, said: “The enthusiasm, commitment and energy put into this production by all the students is incredible. It is a real privilege to work with such talented young people.”
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the link at the top right of this story.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 8 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign