In pictures: Fame is a sell-out
ENERGETIC dance routines and foot stomping songs were performed for packed audiences during a Pill school’s latest sell-out production.
The popular musical Fame was put on at St Katherine’s School over three nights before the end of term, with a staggering 600 tickets sold.
More than 60 pupils were involved in the production, which was also put on for almost 200 children from primary schools in North Somerset and Bristol who enjoyed a matinee performance.
Preparations for the show began in September, with teachers and students working on the props and technical aspects in between rehearsals.
The school’s performing arts coordinator, Kelly Burgess, said: “The enthusiasm, commitment and energy put into this production by all the students is incredible. It is a real privilege to work with such talented young people.”
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset