In pictures: Fame is a sell-out
ENERGETIC dance routines and foot stomping songs were performed for packed audiences during a Pill school’s latest sell-out production.
The popular musical Fame was put on at St Katherine’s School over three nights before the end of term, with a staggering 600 tickets sold.
More than 60 pupils were involved in the production, which was also put on for almost 200 children from primary schools in North Somerset and Bristol who enjoyed a matinee performance.
Preparations for the show began in September, with teachers and students working on the props and technical aspects in between rehearsals.
The school’s performing arts coordinator, Kelly Burgess, said: “The enthusiasm, commitment and energy put into this production by all the students is incredible. It is a real privilege to work with such talented young people.”
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery