In pictures: Fame is a sell-out
ENERGETIC dance routines and foot stomping songs were performed for packed audiences during a Pill school’s latest sell-out production.
The popular musical Fame was put on at St Katherine’s School over three nights before the end of term, with a staggering 600 tickets sold.
More than 60 pupils were involved in the production, which was also put on for almost 200 children from primary schools in North Somerset and Bristol who enjoyed a matinee performance.
Preparations for the show began in September, with teachers and students working on the props and technical aspects in between rehearsals.
The school’s performing arts coordinator, Kelly Burgess, said: “The enthusiasm, commitment and energy put into this production by all the students is incredible. It is a real privilege to work with such talented young people.”
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich