Hundreds attend careers convention
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS found out about a vast array of jobs and apprenticeships at Gordano School’s annual careers convention.
Organisations including Airbus, Premier Inn, the Ministry of Defence, Women in Property and Hilton Hotels attended the event in Portishead to inform pupils about their work.
Students and parents were invited to go along to find out more about potential businesses and career opportunities and a number of college and university stands were also exhibiting at the convention.
Two former pupils, who began their careers with apprenticeships with Rolls Royce, also attended and talked to the pupils about their experiences of apprenticeship schemes.
The three talks were hugely popular and parents and students were given the chance to ask questions.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Crosby, Gordano School’s careers coordinator said: “We’re thrilled that so many companies and higher education organisations attended our careers convention this year.
“It is vital for young people to understand all of their options, and being able to host these events at Gordano allows us to showcase a variety of choices to a wider student audience.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
More than 45 businesses exhibited and 500 people attended.