Hundreds attend careers convention
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS found out about a vast array of jobs and apprenticeships at Gordano School’s annual careers convention.
Organisations including Airbus, Premier Inn, the Ministry of Defence, Women in Property and Hilton Hotels attended the event in Portishead to inform pupils about their work.
Students and parents were invited to go along to find out more about potential businesses and career opportunities and a number of college and university stands were also exhibiting at the convention.
Two former pupils, who began their careers with apprenticeships with Rolls Royce, also attended and talked to the pupils about their experiences of apprenticeship schemes.
The three talks were hugely popular and parents and students were given the chance to ask questions.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Crosby, Gordano School’s careers coordinator said: “We’re thrilled that so many companies and higher education organisations attended our careers convention this year.
“It is vital for young people to understand all of their options, and being able to host these events at Gordano allows us to showcase a variety of choices to a wider student audience.”
- 1 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
- 2 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 3 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 4 Popular community centre café closes
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Circus Zyair is coming to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 8 Hundreds take part in sponsored walk to raise money for charities
- 9 Valley Fest to go ahead with Texas as headliner
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
More than 45 businesses exhibited and 500 people attended.