House champions revealed
- Credit: Archant
VICTORIOUS pupils had the chance to enjoy a fun fair after being announced winners of the Clevedon School house competition.
Throughout the year, the school’s four houses earned points for the academic achievements as well as sport results, attendance records and other successes of their students.
On the last day of term, 300 specially-selected youngsters were called into the school hall to hear that Walton house had won the championships, followed by Valley house in second place.
A school spokesman said: “This year’s winners were Walton house, lead by Mark Davies.
“They had a very strong year and maintained an impressive lead after Christmas.
“They fielded strong sports teams all yea ,and won the Clevedon academy film awards and the swimming gala.
“Conygar were very close behind right up until the last term, when as a result of winning sports day and a couple of report competitions Valley pushed them aside and slipped into second place.”
- 1 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 2 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 3 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 4 Petition launched to halt planned bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 6 Bus companies to face Portishead residents at fourth meeting
- 7 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
- 8 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
After the announcement, Walton house pupils could enjoy a fun fair on the school field which included dodgems, giant inflatables, a water pistol fight zone and a disco.