House champions revealed
- Credit: Archant
VICTORIOUS pupils had the chance to enjoy a fun fair after being announced winners of the Clevedon School house competition.
Throughout the year, the school’s four houses earned points for the academic achievements as well as sport results, attendance records and other successes of their students.
On the last day of term, 300 specially-selected youngsters were called into the school hall to hear that Walton house had won the championships, followed by Valley house in second place.
A school spokesman said: “This year’s winners were Walton house, lead by Mark Davies.
“They had a very strong year and maintained an impressive lead after Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“They fielded strong sports teams all yea ,and won the Clevedon academy film awards and the swimming gala.
“Conygar were very close behind right up until the last term, when as a result of winning sports day and a couple of report competitions Valley pushed them aside and slipped into second place.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 9 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
- 10 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
After the announcement, Walton house pupils could enjoy a fun fair on the school field which included dodgems, giant inflatables, a water pistol fight zone and a disco.