House champions revealed
- Credit: Archant
VICTORIOUS pupils had the chance to enjoy a fun fair after being announced winners of the Clevedon School house competition.
Throughout the year, the school’s four houses earned points for the academic achievements as well as sport results, attendance records and other successes of their students.
On the last day of term, 300 specially-selected youngsters were called into the school hall to hear that Walton house had won the championships, followed by Valley house in second place.
A school spokesman said: “This year’s winners were Walton house, lead by Mark Davies.
“They had a very strong year and maintained an impressive lead after Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“They fielded strong sports teams all yea ,and won the Clevedon academy film awards and the swimming gala.
“Conygar were very close behind right up until the last term, when as a result of winning sports day and a couple of report competitions Valley pushed them aside and slipped into second place.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Special school expansion progress
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
After the announcement, Walton house pupils could enjoy a fun fair on the school field which included dodgems, giant inflatables, a water pistol fight zone and a disco.