Hoodie treat for school leavers
- Credit: Archant
Delighted pupils from Nailsea have been presented with hoodies ready for their move up to secondary school.
Crown Glass Shopping Centre has paid for the cosy jumpers for the 60 year six students at Golden Valley Primary School.
Claire Jenkins, assistant headteacher, said: “They can’t bear to take them off, even when the weather is very warm, their faces are glowing and turning a rosy shade of beetroot.
“Traditionally, the hoodies are a special treat for working hard all year, but they also wear them on school camp to help identify them as Team GV.
“We are so grateful to Crown Glass Shopping Centre for their generosity.
You may also want to watch:
“With tight budgets, we could not afford it this year, so the centre has enabled us to keep our tradition running.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign