Hoodie treat for school leavers
- Credit: Archant
Delighted pupils from Nailsea have been presented with hoodies ready for their move up to secondary school.
Crown Glass Shopping Centre has paid for the cosy jumpers for the 60 year six students at Golden Valley Primary School.
Claire Jenkins, assistant headteacher, said: “They can’t bear to take them off, even when the weather is very warm, their faces are glowing and turning a rosy shade of beetroot.
“Traditionally, the hoodies are a special treat for working hard all year, but they also wear them on school camp to help identify them as Team GV.
“We are so grateful to Crown Glass Shopping Centre for their generosity.
You may also want to watch:
“With tight budgets, we could not afford it this year, so the centre has enabled us to keep our tradition running.”
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance