Hiking pupils gain bronze award
- Credit: supplied
AN EXPEDITION across the Mendip Hills was completed by 33 students from St Katherine’s School in Pill.
The year 10 pupils took part in the hike as part of their work toward their bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Setting off from Litton, many of the teenagers got a drenching when heavy rain poured down on them while hiking to Rodney Stoke.
When they arrived at their campsite, they put up their tents, cooked an evening meal and enjoyed some games before getting some sleep.
The following day they dismantled their camp before heading off over the Mendips toward Cheddar, Axbridge and finishing at Winscombe.
You may also want to watch:
Impressed by their attitude and enthusiasm, the Duke of Edinburgh assessors passed all of the students with flying colours.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid