Hiking pupils gain bronze award
- Credit: supplied
AN EXPEDITION across the Mendip Hills was completed by 33 students from St Katherine’s School in Pill.
The year 10 pupils took part in the hike as part of their work toward their bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Setting off from Litton, many of the teenagers got a drenching when heavy rain poured down on them while hiking to Rodney Stoke.
When they arrived at their campsite, they put up their tents, cooked an evening meal and enjoyed some games before getting some sleep.
The following day they dismantled their camp before heading off over the Mendips toward Cheddar, Axbridge and finishing at Winscombe.
You may also want to watch:
Impressed by their attitude and enthusiasm, the Duke of Edinburgh assessors passed all of the students with flying colours.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Camera club wants new members to join