Hiking pupils gain bronze award
- Credit: supplied
AN EXPEDITION across the Mendip Hills was completed by 33 students from St Katherine’s School in Pill.
The year 10 pupils took part in the hike as part of their work toward their bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Setting off from Litton, many of the teenagers got a drenching when heavy rain poured down on them while hiking to Rodney Stoke.
When they arrived at their campsite, they put up their tents, cooked an evening meal and enjoyed some games before getting some sleep.
The following day they dismantled their camp before heading off over the Mendips toward Cheddar, Axbridge and finishing at Winscombe.
You may also want to watch:
Impressed by their attitude and enthusiasm, the Duke of Edinburgh assessors passed all of the students with flying colours.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 6 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea