Medieval battle breaks out at Portishead school fair
- Credit: Archant
A pretend medieval battle took place at a Portishead primary school’s summer fair.
High Down Junior School, in Down Road, welcomed hundreds of people through its gates for the annual fundraiser.
The event was held in bright sunshine with the highlight being the attendance of Ye Compaynye Of Cheualrye, also known as The Company Of Chivalry.
The historic re-enactment group specialises in the 14th century and gave children the chance to dress up in some authentic military costumes from the era.
They then watched some combat demonstrations and even got involved in an epic battle using weapons made from foam.
You may also want to watch:
Away from the battlefield, visitors could take part in traditional games such as a coconut shy and hook-a-duck.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool