Medieval battle breaks out at Portishead school fair
- Credit: Archant
A pretend medieval battle took place at a Portishead primary school’s summer fair.
High Down Junior School, in Down Road, welcomed hundreds of people through its gates for the annual fundraiser.
The event was held in bright sunshine with the highlight being the attendance of Ye Compaynye Of Cheualrye, also known as The Company Of Chivalry.
The historic re-enactment group specialises in the 14th century and gave children the chance to dress up in some authentic military costumes from the era.
They then watched some combat demonstrations and even got involved in an epic battle using weapons made from foam.
You may also want to watch:
Away from the battlefield, visitors could take part in traditional games such as a coconut shy and hook-a-duck.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week