Medieval battle breaks out at Portishead school fair
- Credit: Archant
A pretend medieval battle took place at a Portishead primary school’s summer fair.
High Down Junior School, in Down Road, welcomed hundreds of people through its gates for the annual fundraiser.
The event was held in bright sunshine with the highlight being the attendance of Ye Compaynye Of Cheualrye, also known as The Company Of Chivalry.
The historic re-enactment group specialises in the 14th century and gave children the chance to dress up in some authentic military costumes from the era.
They then watched some combat demonstrations and even got involved in an epic battle using weapons made from foam.
You may also want to watch:
Away from the battlefield, visitors could take part in traditional games such as a coconut shy and hook-a-duck.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 10 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project