Medieval battle breaks out at Portishead school fair
- Credit: Archant
A pretend medieval battle took place at a Portishead primary school’s summer fair.
High Down Junior School, in Down Road, welcomed hundreds of people through its gates for the annual fundraiser.
The event was held in bright sunshine with the highlight being the attendance of Ye Compaynye Of Cheualrye, also known as The Company Of Chivalry.
The historic re-enactment group specialises in the 14th century and gave children the chance to dress up in some authentic military costumes from the era.
They then watched some combat demonstrations and even got involved in an epic battle using weapons made from foam.
You may also want to watch:
Away from the battlefield, visitors could take part in traditional games such as a coconut shy and hook-a-duck.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon