Portishead gymnasts excel at Bath competition
Young gymnasts in Portishead have enjoyed success competing against dozens of pupils from other schools across the South West.
Students at High Down Junior School, in Down Road, competed at the South West School Games at Bath University last week.
Pupils ranked silver in gymnastics after qualifying for the games through winning a competition held at Gemini Gymnastic Club in Nailsea earlier this year.
All five of the school’s gymnasts are also members of the Academy of Gymnastics in Portishead.
They went head to head with other gymnasts from five secondary schools and 15 primary schools across the region to win their second-place prize.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the school said: “It was a huge event with a very good day out.
“They had an opening ceremony with a circus and dance acts, and a motivational speech from an Olympics netball player.”
- 1 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening