BMX champion to host workshop in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A superstar BMX champion hopes to ‘inspire the next generation’ in Portishead next week.
Triple Guinness World Record-holder Matti Hemmings will host a BMX workshop at Gordano School Sports Centre on Tuesday from 9am-3pm.
The flatland BMXer will teach youngsters the basics and a range of tricks.
He will be joined by professional beatboxer Dean Yehnell, also known as Beat Technique, who will give children an insight into the musical skill.
Matti said: "I want to inspire the next generation of BMX riders and, as I live in North Somerset, I want to start here.
You may also want to watch:
"Flatland BMX will be a new sport in the Olympics from 2024, so what better way to start training those who might be our future Olympians."
The academy is for children aged eight to 11, with places priced £35.
To book a place, email email@example.com
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches