BMX champion to host workshop in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A superstar BMX champion hopes to ‘inspire the next generation’ in Portishead next week.
Triple Guinness World Record-holder Matti Hemmings will host a BMX workshop at Gordano School Sports Centre on Tuesday from 9am-3pm.
The flatland BMXer will teach youngsters the basics and a range of tricks.
He will be joined by professional beatboxer Dean Yehnell, also known as Beat Technique, who will give children an insight into the musical skill.
Matti said: "I want to inspire the next generation of BMX riders and, as I live in North Somerset, I want to start here.
You may also want to watch:
"Flatland BMX will be a new sport in the Olympics from 2024, so what better way to start training those who might be our future Olympians."
The academy is for children aged eight to 11, with places priced £35.
To book a place, email email@example.com
- 1 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 2 Camera club wants new members to join
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 5 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 6 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 7 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 9 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 10 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes