Gym funds sports day medals
- Credit: Archant
Victorious students were presented with medals at their sports day, thanks to a Clevedon gym.
The Everyone Active Stadium, in Davis Lane, donated £250 to Clevedon School so staff could present pupils with medals during the annual sports day.
More than 550 competitors battled it out in track and fields events to mark the end of the school year.
Everyone Active donated the money to celebrate students’ successes and to encourage them to stay active during the holidays.
The leisure operator took over the management of The Hand Stadium last year and has just launched a new junior active membership.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Winter, head of PE at Clevedon School, said: “This year’s sports day was one of the most impressive for student participation and performance. I would like to thank Everyone Active for the donation, the medals allow our students to be rewarded and recognised for their efforts and excellence.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages