Gym funds sports day medals
- Credit: Archant
Victorious students were presented with medals at their sports day, thanks to a Clevedon gym.
The Everyone Active Stadium, in Davis Lane, donated £250 to Clevedon School so staff could present pupils with medals during the annual sports day.
More than 550 competitors battled it out in track and fields events to mark the end of the school year.
Everyone Active donated the money to celebrate students’ successes and to encourage them to stay active during the holidays.
The leisure operator took over the management of The Hand Stadium last year and has just launched a new junior active membership.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Winter, head of PE at Clevedon School, said: “This year’s sports day was one of the most impressive for student participation and performance. I would like to thank Everyone Active for the donation, the medals allow our students to be rewarded and recognised for their efforts and excellence.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 9 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe