Gym funds sports day medals
- Credit: Archant
Victorious students were presented with medals at their sports day, thanks to a Clevedon gym.
The Everyone Active Stadium, in Davis Lane, donated £250 to Clevedon School so staff could present pupils with medals during the annual sports day.
More than 550 competitors battled it out in track and fields events to mark the end of the school year.
Everyone Active donated the money to celebrate students’ successes and to encourage them to stay active during the holidays.
The leisure operator took over the management of The Hand Stadium last year and has just launched a new junior active membership.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Winter, head of PE at Clevedon School, said: “This year’s sports day was one of the most impressive for student participation and performance. I would like to thank Everyone Active for the donation, the medals allow our students to be rewarded and recognised for their efforts and excellence.”
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads