Gym funds sports day medals
- Credit: Archant
Victorious students were presented with medals at their sports day, thanks to a Clevedon gym.
The Everyone Active Stadium, in Davis Lane, donated £250 to Clevedon School so staff could present pupils with medals during the annual sports day.
More than 550 competitors battled it out in track and fields events to mark the end of the school year.
Everyone Active donated the money to celebrate students’ successes and to encourage them to stay active during the holidays.
The leisure operator took over the management of The Hand Stadium last year and has just launched a new junior active membership.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Winter, head of PE at Clevedon School, said: “This year’s sports day was one of the most impressive for student participation and performance. I would like to thank Everyone Active for the donation, the medals allow our students to be rewarded and recognised for their efforts and excellence.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 7 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 9 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments