Great Fire of London learning
- Credit: Archant
Young historians in Clevedon have been learning all about the Great Fire of London.
Pupils at Mary Elton Primary School enjoyed a WOW day to bring the event to life with children attending class in suitable outfits from the time period.
They were able to act out parts of the historical incident, playing the roles of the likes of King Charles II, Samuel Pepys and Thomas Faryner while also meeting Jethro, Faryner’s servant.
A spokesman for the school said: “They were able to act out parts of the great fire using knowledge learnt through our topic.
“They had a great time.”
You may also want to watch:
The school also enjoyed a visit from a local fireman who spoke to pupils about fire safety.
- 1 Modern and versatile four-bedroom home
- 2 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 3 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 7 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?