Great Fire of London learning
- Credit: Archant
Young historians in Clevedon have been learning all about the Great Fire of London.
Pupils at Mary Elton Primary School enjoyed a WOW day to bring the event to life with children attending class in suitable outfits from the time period.
They were able to act out parts of the historical incident, playing the roles of the likes of King Charles II, Samuel Pepys and Thomas Faryner while also meeting Jethro, Faryner’s servant.
A spokesman for the school said: “They were able to act out parts of the great fire using knowledge learnt through our topic.
“They had a great time.”
You may also want to watch:
The school also enjoyed a visit from a local fireman who spoke to pupils about fire safety.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 4 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 5 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 6 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 7 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 8 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 9 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 10 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset