Great Fire of London learning
- Credit: Archant
Young historians in Clevedon have been learning all about the Great Fire of London.
Pupils at Mary Elton Primary School enjoyed a WOW day to bring the event to life with children attending class in suitable outfits from the time period.
They were able to act out parts of the historical incident, playing the roles of the likes of King Charles II, Samuel Pepys and Thomas Faryner while also meeting Jethro, Faryner’s servant.
A spokesman for the school said: “They were able to act out parts of the great fire using knowledge learnt through our topic.
“They had a great time.”
You may also want to watch:
The school also enjoyed a visit from a local fireman who spoke to pupils about fire safety.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week