Great Fire of London learning
- Credit: Archant
Young historians in Clevedon have been learning all about the Great Fire of London.
Pupils at Mary Elton Primary School enjoyed a WOW day to bring the event to life with children attending class in suitable outfits from the time period.
They were able to act out parts of the historical incident, playing the roles of the likes of King Charles II, Samuel Pepys and Thomas Faryner while also meeting Jethro, Faryner’s servant.
A spokesman for the school said: “They were able to act out parts of the great fire using knowledge learnt through our topic.
“They had a great time.”
You may also want to watch:
The school also enjoyed a visit from a local fireman who spoke to pupils about fire safety.
- 1 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 2 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- 3 May 17: Hall & Woodhouse Portishead opens indoors next week
- 4 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 5 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 6 Family days out in North Somerset
- 7 North Somerset communities benefit from development levy
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?