Graduation day at Portishead nursery
- Credit: Archant
Graduation season is upon us, but it is not just university students who have been donning mortarboards and gowns in recent days.
Preschool children at Busy Bees nursery in Portishead have waved goodbye to their nursery days as they prepare to start at primary schools in the town from September.
A ceremony was held at the nursery centre in Serbert Road to round-off their preschool days.
Busy Bees’ staff team had prepared certificates for each of the children, which had been personalised with what the youngsters will be missed most for.
The children created their own backdrop using hand painting, and treated their watching parents to songs and poems they had practised at nursery.
You may also want to watch:
The event finished with entertainment from Mr Florry, along with a party and a delicious picnic.
The nursery was rated as good by Ofsted when inspectors visited last summer.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Portishead garden protected from development
- 8 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season