Graduation day at Portishead nursery
- Credit: Archant
Graduation season is upon us, but it is not just university students who have been donning mortarboards and gowns in recent days.
Preschool children at Busy Bees nursery in Portishead have waved goodbye to their nursery days as they prepare to start at primary schools in the town from September.
A ceremony was held at the nursery centre in Serbert Road to round-off their preschool days.
Busy Bees’ staff team had prepared certificates for each of the children, which had been personalised with what the youngsters will be missed most for.
The children created their own backdrop using hand painting, and treated their watching parents to songs and poems they had practised at nursery.
The event finished with entertainment from Mr Florry, along with a party and a delicious picnic.
The nursery was rated as good by Ofsted when inspectors visited last summer.
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved