Graduation day at Portishead nursery
- Credit: Archant
Graduation season is upon us, but it is not just university students who have been donning mortarboards and gowns in recent days.
Preschool children at Busy Bees nursery in Portishead have waved goodbye to their nursery days as they prepare to start at primary schools in the town from September.
A ceremony was held at the nursery centre in Serbert Road to round-off their preschool days.
Busy Bees’ staff team had prepared certificates for each of the children, which had been personalised with what the youngsters will be missed most for.
The children created their own backdrop using hand painting, and treated their watching parents to songs and poems they had practised at nursery.
You may also want to watch:
The event finished with entertainment from Mr Florry, along with a party and a delicious picnic.
The nursery was rated as good by Ofsted when inspectors visited last summer.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 8 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 9 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week