Graduation day at Portishead nursery
- Credit: Archant
Graduation season is upon us, but it is not just university students who have been donning mortarboards and gowns in recent days.
Preschool children at Busy Bees nursery in Portishead have waved goodbye to their nursery days as they prepare to start at primary schools in the town from September.
A ceremony was held at the nursery centre in Serbert Road to round-off their preschool days.
Busy Bees’ staff team had prepared certificates for each of the children, which had been personalised with what the youngsters will be missed most for.
The children created their own backdrop using hand painting, and treated their watching parents to songs and poems they had practised at nursery.
You may also want to watch:
The event finished with entertainment from Mr Florry, along with a party and a delicious picnic.
The nursery was rated as good by Ofsted when inspectors visited last summer.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp