Gordano trio at rotary event
- Credit: Archant
Portishead Rotary Club organised a public speaking contest for pupils at Gordano School.
The Rotary District 1,100 Youth Speaks competition saw Ben Holmes, Rosie Matthews and Rosy Wyatt represent the school against five other teams.
The Ugly Truth was the title of the presentation and the trio had to go and research their own information before then delivering it publicly.
A rotary spokesman said: “There is incentive to formulate idea’s on topical subjects, discipline on dealing with a topic in a limited time and it was obvious from the content of the presentation that much research and thought had gone into the subject.
“The competition provides the opportunity for learning, practising high standards of expression, presentation and appearance.”
You may also want to watch:
The rotary organisation hopes that these kinds of extra-curricular activities will help the students show their future employers what they are capable of doing.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 7 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 9 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments