Gordano trio at rotary event
- Credit: Archant
Portishead Rotary Club organised a public speaking contest for pupils at Gordano School.
The Rotary District 1,100 Youth Speaks competition saw Ben Holmes, Rosie Matthews and Rosy Wyatt represent the school against five other teams.
The Ugly Truth was the title of the presentation and the trio had to go and research their own information before then delivering it publicly.
A rotary spokesman said: “There is incentive to formulate idea’s on topical subjects, discipline on dealing with a topic in a limited time and it was obvious from the content of the presentation that much research and thought had gone into the subject.
“The competition provides the opportunity for learning, practising high standards of expression, presentation and appearance.”
You may also want to watch:
The rotary organisation hopes that these kinds of extra-curricular activities will help the students show their future employers what they are capable of doing.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp