Gordano students impress again
GORDANO School pupils have equalled last year’s impressive GCSE results.
For the second year in succession more than 85 per cent of pupils achieved five or more passes at A*-C grade and 70 per cent of students hit the five A*-C including English and Maths measure.
A total of 82 per cent of results were graded between A*-C.
Headteacher Gary Lewis said: “Gordano’s GCSE results continue to demonstrate the hard work and commitment of our students and staff.
“We are absolutely delighted to see last year’s record breaking performance sustained. It is also brilliant that in our comprehensive school we have seen great results from young people the whole way across the ability range.”
You may also want to watch:
Top performers in the year group included Adam Grey who achieved no fewer than 13 A* grades. Hollie Allen, Tom Clough, Stephanie Croker, Ben Hunter-Craig, Firdaws Nackvi, Sarah Reardon and Esme Tuttiett also all achieved 10 or more A*s. In total, more than 50 students scooped eight or more A grades.
Mr Lewis added: “It is so good to see hard work rewarded.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 4 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
“Congratulations to our students and a massive thank you to our staff and parents who have done so much to make today the celebration that it is.”