Gordano students impress again
GORDANO School pupils have equalled last year’s impressive GCSE results.
For the second year in succession more than 85 per cent of pupils achieved five or more passes at A*-C grade and 70 per cent of students hit the five A*-C including English and Maths measure.
A total of 82 per cent of results were graded between A*-C.
Headteacher Gary Lewis said: “Gordano’s GCSE results continue to demonstrate the hard work and commitment of our students and staff.
“We are absolutely delighted to see last year’s record breaking performance sustained. It is also brilliant that in our comprehensive school we have seen great results from young people the whole way across the ability range.”
Top performers in the year group included Adam Grey who achieved no fewer than 13 A* grades. Hollie Allen, Tom Clough, Stephanie Croker, Ben Hunter-Craig, Firdaws Nackvi, Sarah Reardon and Esme Tuttiett also all achieved 10 or more A*s. In total, more than 50 students scooped eight or more A grades.
Mr Lewis added: “It is so good to see hard work rewarded.
- 1 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 8 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
“Congratulations to our students and a massive thank you to our staff and parents who have done so much to make today the celebration that it is.”