Gordano students impress again
GORDANO School pupils have equalled last year’s impressive GCSE results.
For the second year in succession more than 85 per cent of pupils achieved five or more passes at A*-C grade and 70 per cent of students hit the five A*-C including English and Maths measure.
A total of 82 per cent of results were graded between A*-C.
Headteacher Gary Lewis said: “Gordano’s GCSE results continue to demonstrate the hard work and commitment of our students and staff.
“We are absolutely delighted to see last year’s record breaking performance sustained. It is also brilliant that in our comprehensive school we have seen great results from young people the whole way across the ability range.”
You may also want to watch:
Top performers in the year group included Adam Grey who achieved no fewer than 13 A* grades. Hollie Allen, Tom Clough, Stephanie Croker, Ben Hunter-Craig, Firdaws Nackvi, Sarah Reardon and Esme Tuttiett also all achieved 10 or more A*s. In total, more than 50 students scooped eight or more A grades.
Mr Lewis added: “It is so good to see hard work rewarded.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
“Congratulations to our students and a massive thank you to our staff and parents who have done so much to make today the celebration that it is.”