Gordano students impress again
GORDANO School pupils have equalled last year’s impressive GCSE results.
For the second year in succession more than 85 per cent of pupils achieved five or more passes at A*-C grade and 70 per cent of students hit the five A*-C including English and Maths measure.
A total of 82 per cent of results were graded between A*-C.
Headteacher Gary Lewis said: “Gordano’s GCSE results continue to demonstrate the hard work and commitment of our students and staff.
“We are absolutely delighted to see last year’s record breaking performance sustained. It is also brilliant that in our comprehensive school we have seen great results from young people the whole way across the ability range.”
You may also want to watch:
Top performers in the year group included Adam Grey who achieved no fewer than 13 A* grades. Hollie Allen, Tom Clough, Stephanie Croker, Ben Hunter-Craig, Firdaws Nackvi, Sarah Reardon and Esme Tuttiett also all achieved 10 or more A*s. In total, more than 50 students scooped eight or more A grades.
Mr Lewis added: “It is so good to see hard work rewarded.
- 1 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 2 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
“Congratulations to our students and a massive thank you to our staff and parents who have done so much to make today the celebration that it is.”