Gordano School hosts music festival for Portishead children
- Credit: Gordano School
A day-long music festival, featuring pupils from several primary schools in Portishead, has been run by Gordano School.
Children from Portishead primary, St Peter’s and St Joseph’s congregated on July 14 for the event which sought to encourage future year seven students to bond before reaching the secondary school.
They got to learn pieces and songs, before performing them to family and staff.
Gordano’s head of music Guy Guerrini helped lead the session, along with Anne Clough from the North Somerset Music Service and year 10 pupils.
Mr Guerrini said: “It was great fun to welcome our future year seven musicians to the school to experience rehearsing and performing in a concert in the main hall.
You may also want to watch:
“Our year 10 students helpers were an absolute credit to the school and I’m sure engendered great excitement among our new year seven with their fabulous playing, positive encouragement and guidance.
“We really look forward to another fantastic year of music-making.”
- 1 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 2 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- 3 May 17: Hall & Woodhouse Portishead opens indoors next week
- 4 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 5 Family days out in North Somerset
- 6 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 7 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 8 North Somerset communities benefit from development levy
- 9 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 10 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?