Gordano School hosts music festival for Portishead children
- Credit: Gordano School
A day-long music festival, featuring pupils from several primary schools in Portishead, has been run by Gordano School.
Children from Portishead primary, St Peter’s and St Joseph’s congregated on July 14 for the event which sought to encourage future year seven students to bond before reaching the secondary school.
They got to learn pieces and songs, before performing them to family and staff.
Gordano’s head of music Guy Guerrini helped lead the session, along with Anne Clough from the North Somerset Music Service and year 10 pupils.
Mr Guerrini said: “It was great fun to welcome our future year seven musicians to the school to experience rehearsing and performing in a concert in the main hall.
You may also want to watch:
“Our year 10 students helpers were an absolute credit to the school and I’m sure engendered great excitement among our new year seven with their fabulous playing, positive encouragement and guidance.
“We really look forward to another fantastic year of music-making.”
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 8 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Local girls earn call-up to England squad