PICTURES: Gordano School pupils dress up for RAG Week
- Credit: Lizzie Woolford
Students at Gordano School have looked a bit unusual over the past week – but it is all in the aid of a good cause.
The Portishead school held its annual RAG Week event ahead of the school holidays and it saw the students find enterprising ways to raise money for charity.
Events organised by the committee included fancy dress-themed days, a lunchtime fair with lots of stalls and activities for the lower school to take part in, RAG Fest, a concert, school fitness test pitting students against teacher, a quiz and cake sales.
Joint RAG committee chairmen, Charlotte Yeaman, and James Ellis, said: “We’ve worked really hard this term to make sure RAG Week was a fundraising success.
“The dedication of the RAG Committee has helped us a lot.
You may also want to watch:
“This year should be great for sixth form in terms of the money raised as we managed to get the whole school in non-uniform on Friday, which has never happened before.
“We’re looking forward to finding out how much money has been raised.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 3 Special school expansion progress
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 7 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022