PICTURES: Gordano School pupils dress up for RAG Week
- Credit: Lizzie Woolford
Students at Gordano School have looked a bit unusual over the past week – but it is all in the aid of a good cause.
The Portishead school held its annual RAG Week event ahead of the school holidays and it saw the students find enterprising ways to raise money for charity.
Events organised by the committee included fancy dress-themed days, a lunchtime fair with lots of stalls and activities for the lower school to take part in, RAG Fest, a concert, school fitness test pitting students against teacher, a quiz and cake sales.
Joint RAG committee chairmen, Charlotte Yeaman, and James Ellis, said: “We’ve worked really hard this term to make sure RAG Week was a fundraising success.
“The dedication of the RAG Committee has helped us a lot.
You may also want to watch:
“This year should be great for sixth form in terms of the money raised as we managed to get the whole school in non-uniform on Friday, which has never happened before.
“We’re looking forward to finding out how much money has been raised.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 7 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up