PICTURES: Gordano School pupils dress up for RAG Week
- Credit: Lizzie Woolford
Students at Gordano School have looked a bit unusual over the past week – but it is all in the aid of a good cause.
The Portishead school held its annual RAG Week event ahead of the school holidays and it saw the students find enterprising ways to raise money for charity.
Events organised by the committee included fancy dress-themed days, a lunchtime fair with lots of stalls and activities for the lower school to take part in, RAG Fest, a concert, school fitness test pitting students against teacher, a quiz and cake sales.
Joint RAG committee chairmen, Charlotte Yeaman, and James Ellis, said: “We’ve worked really hard this term to make sure RAG Week was a fundraising success.
“The dedication of the RAG Committee has helped us a lot.
You may also want to watch:
“This year should be great for sixth form in terms of the money raised as we managed to get the whole school in non-uniform on Friday, which has never happened before.
“We’re looking forward to finding out how much money has been raised.”
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 6 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 7 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5