New headteacher confirmed for Gordano School
- Credit: Ian Johnson
A Portishead secondary school has confirmed its interim headteacher will continue in the role permanently.
Tom Inman has been in charge of Gordano School in a temporary capacity since his predecessor Gary Lewis left before the academic year began in September.
Mr Inman was one of a number of candidates interviewed for the position and impressed the panel sufficiently to take on the reins permanently.
The school said he was the unanimous choice.
It crowns a rise through the ranks for Mr Inman, who joined the school in 2008 and has served as the head of sixth form and as the deputy headteacher before taking the top job on an interim basis.
You may also want to watch:
He is delighted to have the chance to lead the school going forward.
Mr Inman said: “I am delighted to have been chosen as Gordano’s next permanent headteacher.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
“Having worked here for 10 years I understand the important position of the school within the Portishead community, and will continue to do all I can to provide the very best school experience for our young people.”
Mr Lewis left his headteacher post last year to become chief executive of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership.
The group oversees a number of schools in Portishead and Portbury, including Gordano.
Speaking in July when his move was announced to parents, Mr Lewis was full of praise for Mr Inman’s qualities.
He said: “Tom will provide clear, forward-thinking leadership while in post as headteacher at Gordano.
“He is deeply committed both to the community in Portishead and Portbury and to our ethos of providing a broad and exciting education for the whole person.”