A-level results: Gordano School beats 2016 performance
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of happy students at Gordano School today (Thursday) discovered they had earned places with their first-choice university or apprenticeships.
The teenagers opened their A-level results this morning and it was another successful year for the oldest pupils in Portishead.
Almost a quarter of grades were A* or A and the overall A*-C rate increased from 80 per cent in 2016 to 82 per cent.
Tom Inman, who will become acting headteacher in September, said: “I’m delighted for our students that their hard work has paid off to produce another brilliant year of results, especially in this year of changes to many A-level courses.
“There are so many success stories, and not just from the brilliant young people that grab the headlines.
You may also want to watch:
“We pride ourselves on being a really comprehensive sixth form and it’s wonderful to see so many students meet and surpass their challenging personal targets at all levels.”
Fifteen students achieved three A grades or better, with three gaining a trio of A*s – Ewan Clay, Abi Harrison and Clare Melson.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
Mr Inman said: “I am also profoundly grateful to the dedication of our superb teachers that have once again led them to such success, and the parents of our young people who do so much to help and support.
“Well done to all concerned, there will some champagne corks popping this evening.”