Creative kids win Christmas card competition
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Portishead school have been showing off their creative skills over the festive period, taking part in a Christmas card competition.
Gordano School and Portishead Town Council joined forces to hold the competition, tasking pupils with creating greetings featuring pretty pictures of the town.
The entries were assessed by headteacher Tom Inman and town council chairman Peter Mitchell, with each selecting a winner.
The winner of the town council’s prize was year-seven student Niamh Gannon, who took a beautiful picture of the marina using long exposure on her camera.
Rosie Fear, also in year seven, was awarded the school’s prize for her window-effect card.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters Georgia Osborne, Thomas Warner, Poppy Maule, Lizzie Brooks and Eve Jones were also commended for their entries by the judges.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'