Creative kids win Christmas card competition
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Portishead school have been showing off their creative skills over the festive period, taking part in a Christmas card competition.
Gordano School and Portishead Town Council joined forces to hold the competition, tasking pupils with creating greetings featuring pretty pictures of the town.
The entries were assessed by headteacher Tom Inman and town council chairman Peter Mitchell, with each selecting a winner.
The winner of the town council’s prize was year-seven student Niamh Gannon, who took a beautiful picture of the marina using long exposure on her camera.
Rosie Fear, also in year seven, was awarded the school’s prize for her window-effect card.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters Georgia Osborne, Thomas Warner, Poppy Maule, Lizzie Brooks and Eve Jones were also commended for their entries by the judges.
- 1 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening