Gordano’s high achievers
GORDANO School saw the highest number of high achievers in its GCSE results ever, with more than 20 students scooping eight or more A grades.
More than 73 per cent of students achieved five or more passes at C grade or above and 62 per cent of students gained at least five A*- C grades including English and maths.
Headteacher at the Portishead school Gary Lewis said: “It has been good to see our outstanding Ofsted report followed by a strong set of GCSE results.”
Top performers in the year group included Adam Stevens who achieved 11 A* grades, Miles Chandler and Olivia Withers each secured 10 A*s and Rachel Kemp nine A* and four As.
Many of the year 11 students also achieved excellent results in AS-levels published last week.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lewis added: “This has been a record-breaking year for us with more than 20 students achieving 10 A grades or better, but it’s not just the achievement of our most able students that we are celebrating, as young people of all abilities have been successful in our comprehensive school.”
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 5 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 8 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby