Gordano’s high achievers
GORDANO School saw the highest number of high achievers in its GCSE results ever, with more than 20 students scooping eight or more A grades.
More than 73 per cent of students achieved five or more passes at C grade or above and 62 per cent of students gained at least five A*- C grades including English and maths.
Headteacher at the Portishead school Gary Lewis said: “It has been good to see our outstanding Ofsted report followed by a strong set of GCSE results.”
Top performers in the year group included Adam Stevens who achieved 11 A* grades, Miles Chandler and Olivia Withers each secured 10 A*s and Rachel Kemp nine A* and four As.
Many of the year 11 students also achieved excellent results in AS-levels published last week.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lewis added: “This has been a record-breaking year for us with more than 20 students achieving 10 A grades or better, but it’s not just the achievement of our most able students that we are celebrating, as young people of all abilities have been successful in our comprehensive school.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 7 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week