Tickenham Primary School receives ‘good’ Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
Tickenham Primary School has received a ‘good’ Ofsted report.
It comes after the school, in Clevedon Road, was rated as ‘outstanding’ by Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) inspectors earlier in January.
Ofsted also said that the school was ‘outstanding’ in its early years provision and personal development, behaviour and welfare of its pupils.
The school topped the North Somerset league table for its Key stage one SATS, coming 279th in the country out of over 12,000 primary schools.
They were awarded academy status in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Tristan Merriam, said: “I am delighted that we have been recognised for being a good school with many outstanding features.
“The whole school team have done us proud yet again, but most of all the pupils for surviving an Ofsted inspection during the last week of the Christmas term.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Portishead garden protected from development
- 8 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season