Good Ofsted inspection rating for Nailsea School
- Credit: Archant
Nailsea School has achieved a good rating from Ofsted in its first inspection as an academy.
The school, in Mizzymead Road, received a good score for leadership and management, behaviour and safety of pupils, quality of teaching, achievements and sixth form provision.
The report states: “Governors and leaders at all levels are very ambitious for the success of the school. They work tirelessly to improve the quality of education students receive.
“Under the strong leadership of the headteacher, the school has improved significantly in recent years so teaching and achievement are good.”
Inspectors reported teaching is good and improving, the curriculum is well designed to match the needs of students and there are a wide range of opportunities to enable students to acquire the skills, values and aspirations to succeed at the next stage of their education.
You may also want to watch:
To work towards an outstanding status, inspectors suggested the school ensures tasks are at the highest level of challenge at all times, feedback to students is always understood and non-specialist teachers are supported to teach to a high standard.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022