Golden result for school Ofsted inspection
- Credit: Archant
A NAILSEA primary school is celebrating after achieving top marks in an Ofsted inspection.
Golden Valley Primary School scored the coveted mark of outstanding in all areas.
Inspectors highlighted consistently outstanding teaching, leading to pupils making ‘rapid and sustained progress’ in reading, writing and maths across the school.
The report also praised the children’s exceptional attitudes to learning and their behaviour towards each other.
In the report, lead inspector Sue Frayter said: “The school’s innovative curriculum provides a wide range of subjects and activities, including critical thinking skills, visits, topic wow days and mixed-aged community groups.
You may also want to watch:
“The curriculum is highly effective in developing pupils’ love of learning, their academic, personal, spiritual, moral, social and cultural excellence, and their physical well-being.”
Headteacher Kevin Lynch said: “This is a true reflection of all the hard work and dedication of the staff, pupils, parents, carers and governors of Golden Valley Primary School – a real team approach.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 10 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
“Awarding a school ‘outstanding’ in every category is becoming even more challenging under the latest Ofsted inspection framework.
“This is what makes the outcome of our inspection even more special.”
Inspectors observed 20 lessons and 14 teachers during the two-day inspection and took into consideration the 180 responses to Ofsted’s online parent view survey.