Portishead kickboxing star to fight for Great Britain
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead youngster will be fighting for titles summer after being selected to represent his country.
Gordano School pupil George Sherlock will represent Great Britain at the European Kickboxing Championships in Hungary in August after winning several trophies in recent months.
The year eight student won two prizes at the British championships in February and in May he added three more trophies to his collection at both the Irish Open and the Hungarian World Cup in May
A school spokesman said: "Huge congratulations to George after being selected to represent Great Britain again this year at kickboxing.
"His victories have come at some of the most significant kickboxing competitions in the world.
You may also want to watch:
"These are outstanding achievements.
"Well done George and thanks to his club EPiC Martial Arts, his class mates and teachers for their continued support."
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 3 Special school expansion progress
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 7 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022