Portishead kickboxing star to fight for Great Britain
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead youngster will be fighting for titles summer after being selected to represent his country.
Gordano School pupil George Sherlock will represent Great Britain at the European Kickboxing Championships in Hungary in August after winning several trophies in recent months.
The year eight student won two prizes at the British championships in February and in May he added three more trophies to his collection at both the Irish Open and the Hungarian World Cup in May
A school spokesman said: "Huge congratulations to George after being selected to represent Great Britain again this year at kickboxing.
"His victories have come at some of the most significant kickboxing competitions in the world.
You may also want to watch:
"These are outstanding achievements.
"Well done George and thanks to his club EPiC Martial Arts, his class mates and teachers for their continued support."
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5