GCSE Results: Strong performance at St Katherine’s
- Credit: Archant
St Katherine’s School in Pill achieved its best ever GCSE results in science and maths.
Grades were released this morning (Thursday) and dozens of students packed into the main hall to collect their results.
More than two-thirds of grades were C or above in another excellent day for the school.
A total of 67 per cent of students got five A*-C grades overall.
Headteacher Christopher Sammons said: “I am very proud of all our hardworking young people and staff.
“I am delighted with the achievements of this year group, most of whom who have achieved exceptional personal results.”
The great performance mirrors the excellent A-level results achieved last week.
- 1 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 2 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 3 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 6 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 9 New Clevedon shop opens in The Triangle
- 10 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
* For more pictures and reaction, see the Times’ exam supplement next week.