GCSE Results: Strong performance at St Katherine’s
- Credit: Archant
St Katherine’s School in Pill achieved its best ever GCSE results in science and maths.
Grades were released this morning (Thursday) and dozens of students packed into the main hall to collect their results.
More than two-thirds of grades were C or above in another excellent day for the school.
A total of 67 per cent of students got five A*-C grades overall.
Headteacher Christopher Sammons said: “I am very proud of all our hardworking young people and staff.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted with the achievements of this year group, most of whom who have achieved exceptional personal results.”
The great performance mirrors the excellent A-level results achieved last week.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
* For more pictures and reaction, see the Times’ exam supplement next week.