GCSE Results: Strong performance at St Katherine’s
- Credit: Archant
St Katherine’s School in Pill achieved its best ever GCSE results in science and maths.
Grades were released this morning (Thursday) and dozens of students packed into the main hall to collect their results.
More than two-thirds of grades were C or above in another excellent day for the school.
A total of 67 per cent of students got five A*-C grades overall.
Headteacher Christopher Sammons said: “I am very proud of all our hardworking young people and staff.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted with the achievements of this year group, most of whom who have achieved exceptional personal results.”
The great performance mirrors the excellent A-level results achieved last week.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
* For more pictures and reaction, see the Times’ exam supplement next week.