GCSE Results: Strong performance at St Katherine’s
- Credit: Archant
St Katherine’s School in Pill achieved its best ever GCSE results in science and maths.
Grades were released this morning (Thursday) and dozens of students packed into the main hall to collect their results.
More than two-thirds of grades were C or above in another excellent day for the school.
A total of 67 per cent of students got five A*-C grades overall.
Headteacher Christopher Sammons said: “I am very proud of all our hardworking young people and staff.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted with the achievements of this year group, most of whom who have achieved exceptional personal results.”
The great performance mirrors the excellent A-level results achieved last week.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
* For more pictures and reaction, see the Times’ exam supplement next week.