GCSE Results: Strong performance at St Katherine’s
- Credit: Archant
St Katherine’s School in Pill achieved its best ever GCSE results in science and maths.
Grades were released this morning (Thursday) and dozens of students packed into the main hall to collect their results.
More than two-thirds of grades were C or above in another excellent day for the school.
A total of 67 per cent of students got five A*-C grades overall.
Headteacher Christopher Sammons said: “I am very proud of all our hardworking young people and staff.
“I am delighted with the achievements of this year group, most of whom who have achieved exceptional personal results.”
The great performance mirrors the excellent A-level results achieved last week.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 3 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 4 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Nailsea & Backwell RFC boosted by Barratt Homes sponsorship deal
- 8 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 9 LETTER: 'Has our council become a dictatorship?'
- 10 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
* For more pictures and reaction, see the Times’ exam supplement next week.