GCSE results: ‘Pride’ at Clevedon School’s showing
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon School was full of happy faces today (Thursday) as students were handed their GCSE results.
Hundreds of excited teenagers packed into the school hall to eagerly open their envelopes and discover what all their hard work over the past two years has earned them.
For the first time students have been awarded a mark from 1-9 in English literature, English language and maths with a 4 indicating a pass and a 9 the top grade.
All other subjects still used the traditional A*-U grading system although this will be changed by the Department for Education in future.
Many students excelled this year, with Hannah Filer, Charlotte Loving and Lauren Sharp all securing two top grades in English and maths.
You may also want to watch:
Twins Grace and Rory McGuigan also has plenty to celebrate as they both secured the equivalent of nine A*-A passes while Grace Cherry earned 11 A*-A results.
Headteacher Jim Smith said: “These results represent the hard work of students, their families and the staff of Clevedon School.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
“I am delighted that the hard work has paid off and this includes some very special achievements at either end of the grade scale which is testament to the work around aspiration and inclusion.
“I am particularly pleased with the English results that saw one of our highest ever pass rates including a very strong performance around the highest level 9 award.”
Executive headteacher of the Clevedon Learning Trust added: “My congratulations go to everyone involved – not only has this year group achieved some exceptional results they also have embraced everything that Clevedon School has to offer.
“I am very proud of everything that has been achieved.”