GCSE results: Backwell School head ‘thrilled’ with grades
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students at Backwell School are ‘chuffed’ after receiving their GCSE results.
74 per cent of students achieved a minimum of five A*-C grades, while 35 students gained eight or more A*-A grades.
In addition, 47 students have made progress significantly above the national average since joining the school and exceeded their predicted exam grades.
Headteacher Julian Baldwin said: “They have done fantastically well and we are really thrilled with the results.
“The results are well above the national average and we have maintained last year’s record achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also celebrating those students who have achieved their best and exceeded their predicted grades – the progress they have made since joining Backwell has been immense.
“There is so much turmoil and change in education so we are really pleased our students can continue to maintain their high levels of success.”
Did you collect your GCSE results today? Tweet us with your pictures at @NSomTimes and for a full gallery of pictures and quotes from star pupils, pick up a copy of the Times next Wednesday.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'