GCSE results: Backwell School head ‘thrilled’ with grades
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students at Backwell School are ‘chuffed’ after receiving their GCSE results.
74 per cent of students achieved a minimum of five A*-C grades, while 35 students gained eight or more A*-A grades.
In addition, 47 students have made progress significantly above the national average since joining the school and exceeded their predicted exam grades.
Headteacher Julian Baldwin said: “They have done fantastically well and we are really thrilled with the results.
“The results are well above the national average and we have maintained last year’s record achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also celebrating those students who have achieved their best and exceeded their predicted grades – the progress they have made since joining Backwell has been immense.
“There is so much turmoil and change in education so we are really pleased our students can continue to maintain their high levels of success.”
Did you collect your GCSE results today? Tweet us with your pictures at @NSomTimes and for a full gallery of pictures and quotes from star pupils, pick up a copy of the Times next Wednesday.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 4 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 5 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 7 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 8 North Somerset authors publish books
- 9 Appeal after man injured in robbery
- 10 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village