Games make maths more fun
CHILDREN in Pill have a new games lending library at their school thanks to a grant from Britannia.
Crockerne Primary School in Westward Drive was given �1,000 to fund the library, which is aimed at making maths more fun both at home and in the classroom.
It is also hoped the games will help increase pupils’ interest and enthusiasm in numbers.
The library includes a range of 70 games including Pirates Snakes and Ladders, Multliplication and Division Bingo, Percentage Dominoes, Divide and Conquer and Star Wars Monopoly.
Co-headteacher Lara Furmidge said: “We are thrilled with the support from Britannia and the results of all the hard work put in by the Friends of Crockerne Primary.
You may also want to watch:
“This activity-led approach will help to encourage confidence, independence and a greater understanding of maths amongst all of our children.
“It will also provide the tools for family members to take an active role in supporting their children’s development at home - helping to lay strong foundations that will prepare our pupils for life beyond the classroom.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week