Fundraisers to buy iPads for school
- Credit: Archant
FAMILIES and staff from Wraxall Primary School have launched a new fundraising drive to raise money for class iPads.
The Friends of Wraxall School Association (FWSA) raised more than £1,700 at a summer fair to kick-start the appeal.
The group, which raises funds for school equipment, already helped to raise £4,500 to buy and install iPads in each class.
Members are now hoping to collect between £12,000 and £24,000 to pay for 15-30 of the gadgets which can be hired out for class use.
Acting headteacher Tamsin Hayward, said: “iPads can be used as a great presentation tool for whole class activities but they also offer opportunities for children to access the curriculum individually in a variety of ways.
You may also want to watch:
“There are so many different apps we can use. So far the children have edited their own miniature movies. We’d never replace the other wonderful resources we have like books and writing tools but it’s just another way of learning that comes alongside more traditional methods.”
The school now wants to buy 15 or 30 iPads so each class can book them out for pupils to use.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
The FWSA already has more fundraising activities lined up to support the cause including a barbecue, cake sales, a movie night and a Christmas fair.
Vicky Chapman, vice chair of the FWSA, said: “The support the school has given us is amazing.
“We raised £22,000 for the playing field, but the drive from the community and the school has just continued.
“I thought after the playing field people wouldn’t want to give anymore but it’s been the opposite.
“The support we’ve had has been phenomenal.”
Anyone interested in donating to the cause or helping out with fundraising can email Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org