Former Tickenham Primary School headteacher’s return
- Credit: Supplied
A former headteacher has paid a visit to his former school to see how it has changed over the years.
Anthony Pritchard was headteacher at Tickenham Primary School in Clevedon Road from 1974-1989 and returned to the school to see the extension of the office and school hall.
He also attended the school’s weekly celebration service and he handed out certificates of achievement to pupils.
Dean Hudd, current headteacher, said: “It was such a pleasure to welcome Mr Pritchard back to Tickenham.
“He shared so many stories of the school’s history, including photographs.
You may also want to watch:
“We feel it is important for our children to learn about the history of our school.
“Tickenham continues to play an important role in the village. This is the start of a continued friendship between the school and Mr Pritchard.”
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners