Firms’ generous school donations
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSES across Pill have united to help pupils by clearing school grounds, buying new clothes and sports kit and installing and painting play equipment.
Bartlett Tree Experts, of Cross Lanes, sent a team of workers to clear the grounds at Crockerne Primary School, and spent a day pruning trees and creating a woodland walk.
The firm also sponsored sports kit for pupils in years five and six, while manager Chris Gill has launched a new after-school gardening club for children.
Siniat, based in Marsh Lane, has bought the school a new climbing frame, which has been brightly painted by neighbouring Red Engineering Ltd.
And SUZ Designs, located in Martcombe Road, has sponsored pupil’s sporting hoodies.
You may also want to watch:
* Crockerne has earmarked 2014 as a year to improve the school’s grounds, and is appealing for further community sponsorship. Can you help? Call 01275 372659.
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening