Firms’ generous school donations
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSES across Pill have united to help pupils by clearing school grounds, buying new clothes and sports kit and installing and painting play equipment.
Bartlett Tree Experts, of Cross Lanes, sent a team of workers to clear the grounds at Crockerne Primary School, and spent a day pruning trees and creating a woodland walk.
The firm also sponsored sports kit for pupils in years five and six, while manager Chris Gill has launched a new after-school gardening club for children.
Siniat, based in Marsh Lane, has bought the school a new climbing frame, which has been brightly painted by neighbouring Red Engineering Ltd.
And SUZ Designs, located in Martcombe Road, has sponsored pupil’s sporting hoodies.
You may also want to watch:
* Crockerne has earmarked 2014 as a year to improve the school’s grounds, and is appealing for further community sponsorship. Can you help? Call 01275 372659.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe