Firms’ generous school donations
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSES across Pill have united to help pupils by clearing school grounds, buying new clothes and sports kit and installing and painting play equipment.
Bartlett Tree Experts, of Cross Lanes, sent a team of workers to clear the grounds at Crockerne Primary School, and spent a day pruning trees and creating a woodland walk.
The firm also sponsored sports kit for pupils in years five and six, while manager Chris Gill has launched a new after-school gardening club for children.
Siniat, based in Marsh Lane, has bought the school a new climbing frame, which has been brightly painted by neighbouring Red Engineering Ltd.
And SUZ Designs, located in Martcombe Road, has sponsored pupil’s sporting hoodies.
You may also want to watch:
* Crockerne has earmarked 2014 as a year to improve the school’s grounds, and is appealing for further community sponsorship. Can you help? Call 01275 372659.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 6 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 7 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5