Firms’ generous school donations
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSES across Pill have united to help pupils by clearing school grounds, buying new clothes and sports kit and installing and painting play equipment.
Bartlett Tree Experts, of Cross Lanes, sent a team of workers to clear the grounds at Crockerne Primary School, and spent a day pruning trees and creating a woodland walk.
The firm also sponsored sports kit for pupils in years five and six, while manager Chris Gill has launched a new after-school gardening club for children.
Siniat, based in Marsh Lane, has bought the school a new climbing frame, which has been brightly painted by neighbouring Red Engineering Ltd.
And SUZ Designs, located in Martcombe Road, has sponsored pupil’s sporting hoodies.
You may also want to watch:
* Crockerne has earmarked 2014 as a year to improve the school’s grounds, and is appealing for further community sponsorship. Can you help? Call 01275 372659.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon