Fantastic results for Backwell School
- Credit: Archant
BACKWELL School is delighted after students achieved ‘fantastic results’ in their GCSE exams.
An impressive 35 students achieved at least eight or more grades at A* and A.
Some of the top scorers were Vicky Lee-Bapty who picked up 12 A* grades, while Maddy Cox scored 11 and Lucy Hickling achieved ten A* grades.
Overall, 79 per cent of students gained at least five A*-C grades and 63 per cent achieved A*-C grades with English and Maths.
Forty-two per cent of pupils gained the prestigious English Baccalaureate, the government’s measure of a broad and balanced examination achievement.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Julian Baldwin, was very pleased with the results.
He said: “Our young people have done really well, especially given that there is so much uncertainty about GCSE marking and grades that we face at the moment.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
“Some changes teachers know about, others they don’t until the results come out.
“So many of our students have worked extremely hard and have met or exceeded their very challenging targets - I congratulate them all, but special mention must go to Chris Ludlow and Jamie Kearse, who both surpassed their targets in every single subject.”