Fantastic results for Backwell School
- Credit: Archant
BACKWELL School is delighted after students achieved ‘fantastic results’ in their GCSE exams.
An impressive 35 students achieved at least eight or more grades at A* and A.
Some of the top scorers were Vicky Lee-Bapty who picked up 12 A* grades, while Maddy Cox scored 11 and Lucy Hickling achieved ten A* grades.
Overall, 79 per cent of students gained at least five A*-C grades and 63 per cent achieved A*-C grades with English and Maths.
Forty-two per cent of pupils gained the prestigious English Baccalaureate, the government’s measure of a broad and balanced examination achievement.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Julian Baldwin, was very pleased with the results.
He said: “Our young people have done really well, especially given that there is so much uncertainty about GCSE marking and grades that we face at the moment.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 5 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 6 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 7 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
“Some changes teachers know about, others they don’t until the results come out.
“So many of our students have worked extremely hard and have met or exceeded their very challenging targets - I congratulate them all, but special mention must go to Chris Ludlow and Jamie Kearse, who both surpassed their targets in every single subject.”