School children enjoy virtual trip to Washington museum
Year six pupils at a Backwell school enjoyed a virtual trip to the USA as part of their remote learning programme during lockdown.
Children from Fairfield School visited the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington DC, taking a self-guided virtual tour of areas and exhibits.
Pupils also planned how they would travel to America, took part in a virtual treasure hunt and a dinosaur-drawing workshop.
Fairfield headteacher Lesley Barton said: “We love how creative our staff and children have been during lockdown and the year six trip is a great example.
“Throughout the crisis, our teachers have been working hard to deliver high-standard of teaching to our pupils remotely.
You may also want to watch:
“We have now reopened for children in nursery, reception, year one and year six and for those who have not returned yet, we will continue our remote learning programme until the end of the summer term.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 6 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 7 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 10 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village