Unusual beasts on show in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
Children got their hands on a range of exotic creatures at a youth club.
Portishead Youth Centre has hosted an animal care course in recent weeks, giving children the chance to get up close and personal with a range of beasts and creepy crawlies.
One of the topics covered in the six-week course was exotic pets, which saw the kids examine a royal python, rhinoceros iguana, boa constrictor, African land snail and giant millipede.
Dogs, rabbits and Guinea pigs were also showcased at the youth centre.
Youth worker Sally King said: “We have lots of different courses available for young people at the youth centre, many of which result in a certificate or qualification at the end.
“The animal care course was oversubscribed so we will be running another one in the summer.”
For more information on events coming up at the youth centre, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved