Unusual beasts on show in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
Children got their hands on a range of exotic creatures at a youth club.
Portishead Youth Centre has hosted an animal care course in recent weeks, giving children the chance to get up close and personal with a range of beasts and creepy crawlies.
One of the topics covered in the six-week course was exotic pets, which saw the kids examine a royal python, rhinoceros iguana, boa constrictor, African land snail and giant millipede.
Dogs, rabbits and Guinea pigs were also showcased at the youth centre.
Youth worker Sally King said: “We have lots of different courses available for young people at the youth centre, many of which result in a certificate or qualification at the end.
You may also want to watch:
“The animal care course was oversubscribed so we will be running another one in the summer.”
For more information on events coming up at the youth centre, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance