Excellent results for Backwell students
- Credit: Archant
BACKWELL sixth formers are celebrating excellent A-level results again this year with 27 per cent of grades at A* or A.
Pupils flocked to the school today (Thurs) to find out whether they had made the grades they needed to be able to attend university.
An impressive 76 per cent of grades were A*-C and 21 students achieved three or more grades at A* and A.
The highest achieving student was David Bossanyi who gained five A*s followed by Oliver Hart who got four A* grades.
The teenagers also scored distinctions in the advance extension award and will be taking up places at Cambridge to study natural sciences.
Amy Leach, Imogen Cowley and Zoe Brock got the grades they needed to study at Oxford and Lydia Cross also scored highly with three A*s and one A grade.
Headteacher Julian Baldwin, said: “We are really pleased with these results, which are an improvement on last year’s already high levels.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
“We are proud, not only of those students who have achieved the highest grades, but also, being a comprehensive sixth form, of all our students who have made such superb progress over the past two years.
“They have worked hard and are a great bunch of young people who have contributed a great deal to the school and the community – they thoroughly deserve their success.”