Excellent results for Backwell students
- Credit: Archant
BACKWELL sixth formers are celebrating excellent A-level results again this year with 27 per cent of grades at A* or A.
Pupils flocked to the school today (Thurs) to find out whether they had made the grades they needed to be able to attend university.
An impressive 76 per cent of grades were A*-C and 21 students achieved three or more grades at A* and A.
The highest achieving student was David Bossanyi who gained five A*s followed by Oliver Hart who got four A* grades.
The teenagers also scored distinctions in the advance extension award and will be taking up places at Cambridge to study natural sciences.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Leach, Imogen Cowley and Zoe Brock got the grades they needed to study at Oxford and Lydia Cross also scored highly with three A*s and one A grade.
Headteacher Julian Baldwin, said: “We are really pleased with these results, which are an improvement on last year’s already high levels.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
“We are proud, not only of those students who have achieved the highest grades, but also, being a comprehensive sixth form, of all our students who have made such superb progress over the past two years.
“They have worked hard and are a great bunch of young people who have contributed a great deal to the school and the community – they thoroughly deserve their success.”