Excellent results for Backwell students
- Credit: Archant
BACKWELL sixth formers are celebrating excellent A-level results again this year with 27 per cent of grades at A* or A.
Pupils flocked to the school today (Thurs) to find out whether they had made the grades they needed to be able to attend university.
An impressive 76 per cent of grades were A*-C and 21 students achieved three or more grades at A* and A.
The highest achieving student was David Bossanyi who gained five A*s followed by Oliver Hart who got four A* grades.
The teenagers also scored distinctions in the advance extension award and will be taking up places at Cambridge to study natural sciences.
Amy Leach, Imogen Cowley and Zoe Brock got the grades they needed to study at Oxford and Lydia Cross also scored highly with three A*s and one A grade.
Headteacher Julian Baldwin, said: “We are really pleased with these results, which are an improvement on last year’s already high levels.
- 1 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 2 Winners of Clevedon artist of the year announced
- 3 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 4 Specialist pre-school in Clevedon rated 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 5 LETTER: 'Has our council become a dictatorship?'
- 6 'Rundown' school play area given major refurb after campaign fundraises £10,000
- 7 Clevedon SC secure second place in the Cotswold League Final
- 8 Clifton music festival returns after Covid hiatus
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
“We are proud, not only of those students who have achieved the highest grades, but also, being a comprehensive sixth form, of all our students who have made such superb progress over the past two years.
“They have worked hard and are a great bunch of young people who have contributed a great deal to the school and the community – they thoroughly deserve their success.”