Excellent results for Backwell students
- Credit: Archant
BACKWELL sixth formers are celebrating excellent A-level results again this year with 27 per cent of grades at A* or A.
Pupils flocked to the school today (Thurs) to find out whether they had made the grades they needed to be able to attend university.
An impressive 76 per cent of grades were A*-C and 21 students achieved three or more grades at A* and A.
The highest achieving student was David Bossanyi who gained five A*s followed by Oliver Hart who got four A* grades.
The teenagers also scored distinctions in the advance extension award and will be taking up places at Cambridge to study natural sciences.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Leach, Imogen Cowley and Zoe Brock got the grades they needed to study at Oxford and Lydia Cross also scored highly with three A*s and one A grade.
Headteacher Julian Baldwin, said: “We are really pleased with these results, which are an improvement on last year’s already high levels.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 8 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
“We are proud, not only of those students who have achieved the highest grades, but also, being a comprehensive sixth form, of all our students who have made such superb progress over the past two years.
“They have worked hard and are a great bunch of young people who have contributed a great deal to the school and the community – they thoroughly deserve their success.”