‘Excellent’ results for Nailsea students
- Credit: Archant
Nailsea School has praised its hardworking students for achieving ‘excellent’ GCSE results.
Overall, 75 per cent of students achieved five GCSE grades 9-4, while 83 per cent of students gained a grade 4 in English and 73 per cent attained a grade 4 in maths.
Headteacher Dee Elliott has paid tribute to the efforts of students and staff.
She said: "These excellent GCSE results are a just reflection of the efforts of our students and staff over many months at Nailsea School.
"Behind every set of results there is a story, and for some students the story included some real personal difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
"I am are every bit as proud of our students' preparedness to overcome difficulties as we are of their results.
"I would like to thank all our staff for the unstinting and remorseless hard work that has been put into this year's results, our governors for their encouragement, and our parents who have shared the anxiety and have been a great support to the students and the school.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 6 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
"It was a genuine pleasure to see them enjoying the good news this morning as well."