Excellent GCSE results for Nailsea School
- Credit: Archant
NAILSEA School is celebrating after students received excellent results in their GCSEs.
Ten students achieved more than nine GCSEs at A* and A grades this year, with 57 per cent of pupils receiving five A*-C grades, including maths and English.
Overall, 70 per cent achieved five A*-C grades.
Annabel Hancock, Abigail Sudol, Laura Turner, Flossie Howe, Zack Ayliffe, Lorna Clarke, Elliott Boll, Jessica Paul and Erin Silvester passed all their GCSEs at the top grades.
Despite the toughing exam grade boundaries, 73 per cent of students scored A*-C grades in maths and 78 per cent were given A*-C marks in English literature.
You may also want to watch:
In the BTEC exams, 40 per cent of grades were equivalent to A*-A marks.
Chair of governors, Sally-Ann Hancock paid tribute to the students and staff who have helped them achieve such good results.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
She said: “Our record of success means that parents and students alike can be confident that Nailsea School will deliver the outstanding education required to succeed in the increasingly competitive university and employment market.”