Excellent GCSE results for Nailsea School
- Credit: Archant
NAILSEA School is celebrating after students received excellent results in their GCSEs.
Ten students achieved more than nine GCSEs at A* and A grades this year, with 57 per cent of pupils receiving five A*-C grades, including maths and English.
Overall, 70 per cent achieved five A*-C grades.
Annabel Hancock, Abigail Sudol, Laura Turner, Flossie Howe, Zack Ayliffe, Lorna Clarke, Elliott Boll, Jessica Paul and Erin Silvester passed all their GCSEs at the top grades.
Despite the toughing exam grade boundaries, 73 per cent of students scored A*-C grades in maths and 78 per cent were given A*-C marks in English literature.
In the BTEC exams, 40 per cent of grades were equivalent to A*-A marks.
Chair of governors, Sally-Ann Hancock paid tribute to the students and staff who have helped them achieve such good results.
- 1 Monthly disco returns for people with disabilities in North Somerset
- 2 Al-fresco summer concert in Clevedon this weekend
- 3 The Hub to host open day in Portishead
- 4 CCTV image released as police hunt missing teenager Tammy
- 5 Nailsea & Tickenham open pre-season with victory over Winscombe
- 6 Weston MP says Number 10 has 'not been honest' over Pincher scandal
- 7 Help improve North Somerset's water quality with hands-on science event
- 8 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 9 Backwell art group to host exhibition
- 10 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
She said: “Our record of success means that parents and students alike can be confident that Nailsea School will deliver the outstanding education required to succeed in the increasingly competitive university and employment market.”