Exam success for Nailsea School
EXCITED pupils ripped open their exam results at Nailsea School today to find out whether their hard work had paid off.
This year 74 per cent of results were A*-C grades and 57 per cent of students achieved five A*-C grades with English and maths.
Following the 81 per cent five A*-C grades from last year was always going to be a tall order, but the school is delighted with the pupils’ achievements.
Headteacher David New said: “These results, for both GCSE and (last week) A-level, prove that Nailsea School delivers an outstanding quality of education in an outstanding facility. I am so proud of this group of students and their teachers.”
Some students did exceptionally well including Alice Packham who achieved 11 grades at A* and Daniel Bagnall, Bea Dowling, Oliver Fudge, Maddy Glover, Luisa Hank, Evelyn Howe, William Keyworth, Phoebe Mitchell, Harry Pike, Christopher Poole, Ellis Turner, Olivia Turner and Kieran Walker who all obtained 10 or more grades at A* or A.
You may also want to watch:
To see more photos click on the link at the top of the page.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 7 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends