Ex-Clevedon School student stars in documentary
- Credit: Contributed
A former Clevedon School student has starred in a documentary.
Zach Beasley, who now studies dance and drama at Weston College, was filmed at the school in Valley Road for The Specials.
Zach appears in the 30-minute film to showcase how he has overcome Down’s syndrome to excel in his studies and form close friendships with his peers and teachers.
It is hoped to show how others with the condition can excel at mainstream schools.
Headteacher Jim Smith said: “Zach was an absolute inspiration and we are very proud of him.
You may also want to watch:
“He will go far.”
As well as Zach’s success at school, he also plays for Somerset’s disabled cricket team, taught himself to play the ukulele and helped support Children’s Hospice South West by running the 5k Rainbow Run.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022