Ex-Clevedon School student stars in documentary
- Credit: Contributed
A former Clevedon School student has starred in a documentary.
Zach Beasley, who now studies dance and drama at Weston College, was filmed at the school in Valley Road for The Specials.
Zach appears in the 30-minute film to showcase how he has overcome Down’s syndrome to excel in his studies and form close friendships with his peers and teachers.
It is hoped to show how others with the condition can excel at mainstream schools.
Headteacher Jim Smith said: “Zach was an absolute inspiration and we are very proud of him.
You may also want to watch:
“He will go far.”
As well as Zach’s success at school, he also plays for Somerset’s disabled cricket team, taught himself to play the ukulele and helped support Children’s Hospice South West by running the 5k Rainbow Run.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset