Ex-Clevedon School student stars in documentary
- Credit: Contributed
A former Clevedon School student has starred in a documentary.
Zach Beasley, who now studies dance and drama at Weston College, was filmed at the school in Valley Road for The Specials.
Zach appears in the 30-minute film to showcase how he has overcome Down’s syndrome to excel in his studies and form close friendships with his peers and teachers.
It is hoped to show how others with the condition can excel at mainstream schools.
Headteacher Jim Smith said: “Zach was an absolute inspiration and we are very proud of him.
You may also want to watch:
“He will go far.”
As well as Zach’s success at school, he also plays for Somerset’s disabled cricket team, taught himself to play the ukulele and helped support Children’s Hospice South West by running the 5k Rainbow Run.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 6 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk