Ex-Clevedon School student stars in documentary
- Credit: Contributed
A former Clevedon School student has starred in a documentary.
Zach Beasley, who now studies dance and drama at Weston College, was filmed at the school in Valley Road for The Specials.
Zach appears in the 30-minute film to showcase how he has overcome Down’s syndrome to excel in his studies and form close friendships with his peers and teachers.
It is hoped to show how others with the condition can excel at mainstream schools.
Headteacher Jim Smith said: “Zach was an absolute inspiration and we are very proud of him.
You may also want to watch:
“He will go far.”
As well as Zach’s success at school, he also plays for Somerset’s disabled cricket team, taught himself to play the ukulele and helped support Children’s Hospice South West by running the 5k Rainbow Run.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 7 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments