David Pratt with Gordano School pupils.
- Credit: Dave Pratt
SNAP-HAPPY youngsters have been getting to grips with their cameras as part of a new school club.
Bristol-based photographer David Pratt has volunteered to mentor and develop the skills of pupils at Gordano School in Portishead in a series of after-school clubs.
More than 70 students wanted to take part in the 10-week course and the lucky first 15 were able to attend.
They will have the chance to have their work showcased, alongside pieces from sixth form photography students, at an exhibition next year.
The school is also running a competition asking students to take their best seasonal pictures of the facility, which could then be used on its website.
You may also want to watch:
David said: “It’s great to be able to pass on my knowledge to them, and it’s always amazing to see the work they produce.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend