David Pratt with Gordano School pupils.
- Credit: Dave Pratt
SNAP-HAPPY youngsters have been getting to grips with their cameras as part of a new school club.
Bristol-based photographer David Pratt has volunteered to mentor and develop the skills of pupils at Gordano School in Portishead in a series of after-school clubs.
More than 70 students wanted to take part in the 10-week course and the lucky first 15 were able to attend.
They will have the chance to have their work showcased, alongside pieces from sixth form photography students, at an exhibition next year.
The school is also running a competition asking students to take their best seasonal pictures of the facility, which could then be used on its website.
You may also want to watch:
David said: “It’s great to be able to pass on my knowledge to them, and it’s always amazing to see the work they produce.”
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 4 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 5 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 6 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 7 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 8 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset