David Pratt with Gordano School pupils.
- Credit: Dave Pratt
SNAP-HAPPY youngsters have been getting to grips with their cameras as part of a new school club.
Bristol-based photographer David Pratt has volunteered to mentor and develop the skills of pupils at Gordano School in Portishead in a series of after-school clubs.
More than 70 students wanted to take part in the 10-week course and the lucky first 15 were able to attend.
They will have the chance to have their work showcased, alongside pieces from sixth form photography students, at an exhibition next year.
The school is also running a competition asking students to take their best seasonal pictures of the facility, which could then be used on its website.
You may also want to watch:
David said: “It’s great to be able to pass on my knowledge to them, and it’s always amazing to see the work they produce.”
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery