David Pratt with Gordano School pupils.
- Credit: Dave Pratt
SNAP-HAPPY youngsters have been getting to grips with their cameras as part of a new school club.
Bristol-based photographer David Pratt has volunteered to mentor and develop the skills of pupils at Gordano School in Portishead in a series of after-school clubs.
More than 70 students wanted to take part in the 10-week course and the lucky first 15 were able to attend.
They will have the chance to have their work showcased, alongside pieces from sixth form photography students, at an exhibition next year.
The school is also running a competition asking students to take their best seasonal pictures of the facility, which could then be used on its website.
You may also want to watch:
David said: “It’s great to be able to pass on my knowledge to them, and it’s always amazing to see the work they produce.”
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 7 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 8 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected