Cycle ride from Land’s End to John O’Groats pays for new school play equipment
- Credit: n/a
Children in Claverham are enjoying using new play equipment, largely thanks to the hard work of one of the pupils’ parents.
Court de Wyck Primary School has a new giant wooden boat in the playground for the children to play with.
A school’s spokesman said: “One of our dad’s Bill McIsaac did a sponsored cycle ride last summer from Land’s End to John O’Groats to raise money for our school.
“He cycled through some atrocious weather, but still managed to raise a fantastic sum of £1,513 which has been put towards the new play boat for the school’s playground.
“Mr McIsaac raised the majority of the money for the boat with the remainder being kindly donated by the school’s parent-teacher association.”
You may also want to watch:
To thank him for his fabulous effort, Mr McIsaac was invited to the school to cut the ribbon on the new boat.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid