Cycle ride from Land’s End to John O’Groats pays for new school play equipment
- Credit: n/a
Children in Claverham are enjoying using new play equipment, largely thanks to the hard work of one of the pupils’ parents.
Court de Wyck Primary School has a new giant wooden boat in the playground for the children to play with.
A school’s spokesman said: “One of our dad’s Bill McIsaac did a sponsored cycle ride last summer from Land’s End to John O’Groats to raise money for our school.
“He cycled through some atrocious weather, but still managed to raise a fantastic sum of £1,513 which has been put towards the new play boat for the school’s playground.
“Mr McIsaac raised the majority of the money for the boat with the remainder being kindly donated by the school’s parent-teacher association.”
You may also want to watch:
To thank him for his fabulous effort, Mr McIsaac was invited to the school to cut the ribbon on the new boat.
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 8 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 9 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 10 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance