Cycle ride from Land’s End to John O’Groats pays for new school play equipment
- Credit: n/a
Children in Claverham are enjoying using new play equipment, largely thanks to the hard work of one of the pupils’ parents.
Court de Wyck Primary School has a new giant wooden boat in the playground for the children to play with.
A school’s spokesman said: “One of our dad’s Bill McIsaac did a sponsored cycle ride last summer from Land’s End to John O’Groats to raise money for our school.
“He cycled through some atrocious weather, but still managed to raise a fantastic sum of £1,513 which has been put towards the new play boat for the school’s playground.
“Mr McIsaac raised the majority of the money for the boat with the remainder being kindly donated by the school’s parent-teacher association.”
You may also want to watch:
To thank him for his fabulous effort, Mr McIsaac was invited to the school to cut the ribbon on the new boat.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime